Sunday, August 31, 2014

Calendar Routine: September

Hello, Friends!
With the first week of school done, I am so excited to get September underway!!
 
This is what my calendar looks like as we get ready to start September! (It is all ready for the sixth day of school!)
If you want to know more about how I keep my students SUPER engaged during this important time of day, check out my routine for August.  The biggest change is that they are taking more responsibility every day.  Also, note that I have place value cards on my Number of the Day Chart.  It has really helped them build their understanding over time :)
(I am all about engagement! Choral responses, actions- you name it, I use it during Calendar!!)  
 
 
 
Enjoy your Labor Day!!
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to have your handwriting rubric and handwriting paper. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this writing rubric - I loved you gingerbread men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great writing rubric. I will definitely use this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great writing rubric. I will definitely use this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your writing rubric. Looking forward to trying it out with my kinders for the last part of the year. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity, but usefulness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading about all that you do! I love your Star books! I plan to use your writing and handwriting rubrics! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, you have so many great ideas! I'm just getting started and there is so much to learn! I'm moving from Pre-K to First.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love these writing rubrics, This is just what I needed to make grading easier and faster. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, I have been doing number talks at least 2 days a week to start our math lessons. I ask the kids to represent a number. I am going to use this time to have them represent double digit numbers using your tens and ones strategy now that we're familiar with building them with bits and skinnies. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete